WANT TO WORK WITH US?
At Pivot Pole Studio we are always on the look out for ace, like minded people to come join our Team and help us grow. We are currently looking for Pole Dance instructors to come join us on a part-time freelance basis. We're currently hiring!
• Position: Intermediate/ Advance Freelance Pole Instructor
• Term: Permanent
• Start Date: Training to start immediately
• Hours: Evenings & Weekends / Weekdays if possible but not necessary (approximately 4 - 12 hours per week depending on availability)
Think this could be you? If you think you'd like to join our Team and contribute to our wonderful community which we've been building since 2018, please read on, and read carefully.
As a Pole Dance Instructor at PPS, it will be your calling and passion to bring the best pole dance training and coaching to cater to a wide range of students. You'll work continuously to promote our Core Values and uphold Pivot Pole Studio's reputation as a place of judgement free movement. Your mission will be to provide nothing less than the best and most professional coaching, helping our clients realised and achieve their goals safely and realistically. As a space that caters to people from all walks of life, we would like to welcome a varied and diverse Team for our students to learn from so our Instructor positions are open to all ages (over 18), gender identities, races, religions and sizes. Pole shouldn't be a one size fits all for our students, so why should it be for our Instructors?
1. Safety Orientated -
You must hold a recognised certification in teaching Pole Dancing/ Fitness (for example, XPERT, Spin City, Discoveries Dance etc). A recognised ETM, Personal Trainer, Yoga, Pilates or Dance Teacher certificate or qualification is also a fantastic addition (but not a necessity). You should have an up to date First Aid Certificate. Since you will be working with us on a Freelance basis, you must also hold your own insurance. As you can tell, we're big into making sure our clients are in safe hands.
2. Technical Skill -
You should have a minimum of 2 years Pole Dance experience. It's important to us that you demonstrate a keen interest in investing time in your own personal skill and technique so you can be a solid example to our clients, and that you understand the realistic journey that a Pole Dance student takes. You should also be able to confidently assess each client's skill and offer suitable progressions/ regressions where needed. This doesn't mean you have to be an advanced Pole Dance champion to work with us; but a solid understanding and mastery of the all important basics of pole that everything else is built upon.
3. Professional Communication Skills -
We expect for you to be polite, courteous and professional at all times with both fellow staff members and clients. We are a business just like any other and do not have time for rudeness or big egos.
THE BARE MINIMUM
We require 3 key things from anyone interested in joining our Team. If you do not possess these (or are not on your way to achieving them) please do not apply.
• High Standards - Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing but the best.
• Ego under control - Being able to work as part of a team with emotional intelligence to treat others with dignity and respect.
• Honesty and Integrity - Does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidences. Speaks plainly and truthfully
• Attention to Detail - Does not let important details slip the cracks. That you respect the studio and strive to keep it tidy and it good condition for your fellow Instructors and students at all times.
• Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and articulately.
• Openness to constructive criticism and ideas - often solicits regular feedback and reacts calmly and proactively to criticism and negative feedback.
• Flexibility & Adaptability - Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
• Work Ethic - Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and learn new things to get the job done. Can conduct ones self in a proactive rather than reactive manner.
• Organised - Responds to professional emails and files paperwork and invoices on time with minimal prompting. Plans safe, professional and concise lessons.
In addition to the above, there are some key competencies we require from anyone who is a part of Team PPS in order for our studio to run as smoothly as possible.
Well we're excited to hear from you. To take the next step, write an email to Jess at . In this email please include a short paragraph letting Jess know about yourself and why you want to work with PPS, and attach your CV outlining your experience and certifications/ qualifications (along with some references from previous employers).
After receiving your application, Jess appreciates your patience and she will contact you and arrange a meeting with you to tell you more about the role available and see if you are a good fit.
Visiting Pole Artist looking for a temporary residency to exchange teaching for studio/ training space? Just drop Jess a line!
We look forward to hearing from you!
SOUND LIKE YOU?